My family had Windows 10 laptop and forget the admin account’s password. Without a backup USB drive or a way to reset the password using Windows Live account tools, I had to figure out another way to get into the PC. It was actually very easy.
There is a free software for personal use called Lazesoft.
- Get another Windows machine, which you already have admin permission on.
- Download the installer from their website.
- Flash the software onto your USB drive.
- Boot your non-admin PC into the flashed Lazesoft USB.
- Go through the steps and clear the password (so there is no password).
- Reboot normally and now you can log into your admin account without any passwords.
- Optional – change the password to something you will remember.