When I tasted chai, wow, my life was changed. I have been adapting my chai recipe as I have learned from “chai experts” and experimented myself. The primary credits go to my mother-in-law Manju Agrawal.
- 1 large cup for 1 person
- 2 small cups for 2 people
- Pot, Mug, Small Spoon
- Required Ingredients
- Water: 3/4 cup (adjust ratio with milk to your taste)
- Chai: 2 scoops
- Chai Masala: 1/2 scoop
- Shredded Ginger: 1 scoop
- Bonus ingredients (adjust per taste)
- Black Pepper: 1/4 scoop
- Clove: 1/5 scoop
- Cardamon: 1/3 scoop
- Mint: 1 scoop
- Cinnamon: 1/2 stick
- Phase 2 ingredients
- Milk: 1/3 cup (adjust ratio with water to your taste)
- Sugar: 2 scoops (adjust per taste)
- Phase 1
- Add water to the pot and turn on heat. Add in the required ingredients and your choice of bonus ingredients. Wait for the water to boil.
- Bonus: wait for the water to rise
- Phase 2
- Add milk and sugar. Keep a close eye because the chai will rise.
- Bonus: Wait for it to rise 3 times.
- Hint: Put a spoon across the top of your pot to avoid boiling over.